Worship on May 31 at 9:00
Pentecost Sunday and Holy Communion
(Please read the following instructions about bringing your own bread and juice or water for communion.)
- It’s Pentecost! The time to celebrate the giving of the Holy Spirit and the birth of the Christian church. Everyone please wear something red if possible.
- We will be worshiping in the church building with a reduced number of people. As long as we can sit 6 feet apart we can allow people into the sanctuary and narthex. When that is filled, worship will once again be available in the parking lot in your car (Tune your radio to 102.5 FM). If you are not comfortable with worshiping together as a group, worshiping in your car would be a good alternative for you.
- We will have communion. Everyone is asked to bring any type of bread and some juice or even water from home. All elements will be blessed during the service and everyone will serve themselves in their cars/pews.
- There will be very little if any singing. We will most likely sing one or two verses from memory of a hymn at the end of the service.
- No bulletins will be available. No greeters will be needed. The order of worship will be different and it will likely be a shorter service.
- Stay 6 feet apart. Everyone must wear a mask. Hand sanitizer is available.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available for you to wipe down the area where you sit in the church after worship.
- No hymnals or pew Bibles will be used. Bring your Bible from home.
- You will be asked to bring your offering forward a few at a time during the offering. Those in the parking lot can place yours in the plate inside the front door of the church.
- Worship in a different way is still worship. I’ll be bringing the sermon this Sunday. Josh and I will be dividing up the month of June as far as who will lead worship, with Josh leading worship the last Sunday in June and serving Communion. Your new pastor begins July 1!
- Please call or email if you have questions. The goal here is to make worship available together again, and to keep one another safe. God bless and see you Sunday!
Order of Worship for This Sunday
Reading of the Psalm
Message from our pastor
The mission of Watts Memorial United Methodist Church comes from Luke 10: 27 — “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
We invite any and all to come worship with us on Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. This is a special time we devote each week to letting God know how much we truly love Him. After all, that is what worship is all about.
In order to carry out our mission, we have all types of opportunities for anyone who is interested in showing Christ’s love to the world. From providing Meals on Wheels to the elderly to participating in Light the Night for the children of our community on Halloween, we show Christ’s love to our neighbors in the Big Valley. From participating in the Mission Central Hubs to Christmas Shoe Boxes, we show Christ’s love to our neighbors around the world.
Watts also has small group opportunities for one and all. Sunday school classes from nursery to golden years meet after church every Sunday. except for the summer months. Bible studies are also offered. We have an active Youth Group and hold Vacation Bible School each summer.
God loves us all. We invite you to come and share in that love.