“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27
Come worship with us every Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. Our worship service begins in an attitude of love for and acceptance of others and continues with the time of sharing our joys and concerns, the children’s sermon, the scripture readings, the pastor’s sermon, the hymns and praise choruses, and the final blessing and threefold Amen! Come worship with us!
Sunday School begins at 10:15 a.m. The Primary, Tweens, and the Willing Workers meet downstairs; and Beacon Light class meets upstairs.
Our prayer chain is used when an unexpected illness or emergency comes up, or if anyone needs extra prayer support during the week. If you are in need of prayer, call 717-935-2518.
Special services throughout the year:
- All Saints Day
- Ash Wednesday
- Maundy Thursday
- Easter Sunrise Service followed by breakfast
- Easter Sunday Service
- Memorial Day Service for Veterans
- First Sunday of Advent
- Community Thanksgiving Eve service
- Lights of Love service
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
Our church could not function without the willing hands and hearts of our members and friends. We appreciate those who serve on the administrative board, as lay leaders, trustees, treasurers, Sunday school superintendents, church historians, and committee members, secretaries, and chairpersons.
- Our choir practices every Wednesday evening at 6:30, September through March. The anthems are presented every first and third Sundays.
- The Outreach Committee sends cards to shut-ins and prepares meals for those returning home from the hospital.
- The Fellowship Committee plans all sorts of potluck dinners and fun events.
- The Worship Committee plans our services, from special music to guest speakers.
- The Visitation team serves communion to those at home.
Fun, Food, and Fellowship
Here are just a few of Watt’s happening:
- Church picnics and potlucks
- Talent night
- Thanksgiving meal in the community hall
- Spikes game in State College